- LGBT Health
- Get Linked
- HIV/STI 101
CLEAR: Choosing Life, Empowerment, Action, Results!
CLEAR is a sessions based program that helps you reach your health goals by exploring and identifying your needs.
This is a free service and there are no costs associated with any part of it.
Who is CLEAR for?
CLEAR is for any LGBT individual who has experienced challenges or barriers when accessing services related to their health and wellness.
LGBT individuals within the fifteen counties of Northeastern New York who are age 18 or older may make an appointment to meet with our LGBT Health Promotion Specialist. Call 518.434.4686 to schedule an appointment.
CLEAR services include:
• Reminders about upcoming appointments
• Assistance with finding transportation to appointments
• Accompany you to appointments
• Help finding LGBT friendly providers who meet your specific needs
• Provide advocacy regarding your health needs to your providers
• Referrals to culturally competent mental health providers
• Help preparing concerns and questions for your providers before appointments
• Assistance with language to use with providers and their staff to ensure you are given good, culturally competent care
• Developing assertive communication skills to increase self-advocacy
• Disclosing your LGBT status to providers, and setting expectations for the care you wish to receive
Identification of Health Needs
• Work with our LGBT Health Promotion Specialist to identify your specific health and wellness goals
• Create short and long term plans for achieving health and wellness goals
• Receive support and feel empowered as you make progress towards individual goals
• CLEAR provides additional topic based sessions, which include: Sexual Risk, Substance Use, Medication Adherence, HealthCare & Self Care, Disclosure, and Stigma
• Stress and Anxiety Management: Learn and practice tools for stress management. In addition, explore and discuss sources of anxiety and stress
Goals of the CLEAR Program
✓ Assist you with setting realistic and achievable short and long-term goals
✓ Help you overcome challenges and barriers
✓ Empower you to take ownership and control over your health
✓ Assist you in building self-confidence through assertive communication
✓ Help you become your own advocate
✓ Provide assistance to find culturally competent, LGBT friendly health and human services providers
✓ Improve your overall health and well-being
Our Executive Director, Bill Faragon, and his brother John Faragon, Pharm D, for the pharmacy department at Albany… https://t.co/L3ZMdEz873
Don't forget to make your dining reservations for Thursday, April 26th. See this year's video for a look at how you… https://t.co/S04l28rMli
In the United States one in every 12 adults suffer from alcohol abuse, and excessive alcohol use attributes to 88,0… https://t.co/XTlmmCTDuK
Albany, NY 12207